Surf Coaching, Yoga & Adventure
Upcoming Dates: see Packages Tab
Join an adventurous, fearless group of women in Central America to improve your surfing and have a ton of fun. Surf with Amigas is the place for adventurous women to come together and encourage each other to fulfill their goals. It’s about empowerment, creating connections, learning to attract awesome into your life and living in the moment. On a Surf with Amigas retreat expect to learn about yourself, overcome fears, and connect to a network of surfing Amigas that will support and inspire you to achieve your goals in surfing and in life.
Surf With Amigas is partnered with the non-profit Waves of Hope. Surf with Amigas believe that travel becomes much more meaningful if you get a chance to have real interactions with the local community, get to know how the locals live, and even participate in leaving something better than you found it. Depending on the projects going on during your trip, you may get a chance to assist in building a school, providing clean water or organic veggies, or protecting endangered baby sea turtles.
The difference between Surf with Amigas and other women’s surf and yoga retreats is attitude and experience. You will be coached and supported by Holly Beck Obermeyer, a professional surfer with a keen eye for how to help you hone in on specific techniques to improve your surfing. Surf with Amigas has carefully selected a team of instructors to assist Holly in coaching and supporting their guests (see Instructors tab). Flying solo? There is no need to worry about attending their retreats alone: 90% of the ladies that have participated so far have come alone and left the retreat with a group of new friends. All ages are welcome too! The average age is about 35 but ages have ranged from 11years old (with her mom as chaperone) to 62.
Most Packages Include
- two way airport transfer (if you get a flight that arrives on the first date of the retreat and departs on the last day
- 7 nights accommodation in a shared cabana
- 4 deliciously healthy meals per day (early morning cold breakfast, post-surf hot breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
- beverages such as juices, sodas
- daily surf lessons and video coaching with professional surfer Holly Beck and her team
- all afternoon activities such as yoga, horseback riding, volcano boarding, estuary cruising, and other surprises
- professional video footage of you riding the best wave of your life (photos are sometimes available at small additional cost depending on availability of photographer)
Typical Daily Schedule
- 6:30am : wake up for buffet breakfast of coffee, juice, cereal, toast, yogurt, fruit
- 7:30am – 11am : surfing, surfing, surfing!
- 11:30am : delicious lunch
- 2pm : yoga
- 4pm : second surf session or other adventure
- 7pm : dinner with new friends